We would like to inform you of an ongoing threat of fraudsters tricking customers by asking them to click on a fake link which results in their money getting stolen from their bank accounts or cards.
Our main priority is making sure that you are safe and secure when it comes to your banking details and urge you to be vigilant and refrain from responding to such requests.
HOW FRAUDSTERS ATTEMPT TO STEAL YOUR INFORMATION
- A common trick is that the victim will receive a message (via text message, email, chat via facebook messenger or a phone call…) with content specific to receiving deposits from relatives abroad, payment for goods, notification of winnings or to split winnings.
- Each request requires the victim to access a website link in order to receive these funds.
- Once the link is clicked, the victim will be prompted to enter their bank account login credentials (Username, Password) after which the Website will prompt for an OTP to be entered.
- The innocent victim enters the OTP sent to their phone on this website.
- Unknown to the victim, the fraudsters have captured the victims login credentials, logged into their account and made a transaction such as move money or apply for Fast cash which generates an OTP code.
- The victim innocently inputs the OTP on the Website and this approves the transaction made by the fraudster to Move Money or apply for a Loan etc.
We want all our customers to be aware and vigilant and absolutely DO NOT ACCESS suspicious links sent via SMS messages, Chat apps or an email address NOT REGISTERED as the official Timo email.
Timo or VP Bank will never ask for your personal details, including your credit or debit card number, 3 digit security code (CVV) for your card, One-Time Password (OTP), ATM PIN, Quick Code or username and password either via a phone call, via link or any other channel.
TIPS TO SAFEGUARD YOUR CONFIDENTIAL BANKING INFORMATION
- NEVER SHARE your password / PIN / Quick Code / OTP with anyone! Neither Timo nor VP Bank WOULD EVER ask for such information.
- ALWAYS access Timo via the App or via the website www.timo.vn into your web browser, NEVER by clicking on a hyperlink.
- DO NOT CLICK OR FORWARD links in emails, SMS or chat/WhatsApp messages if you doubt the authenticity of such links.
- DO NOT SHARE your confidential personal and banking details with any third party via phone, messaging apps or email.
- REGULARLY CHANGE your password/PIN/ Quick code. Make your password unique and hard to guess by adding in symbols (!@#$) and numbers.
- NEVER SHARE or post a picture of your card number to the public.
- LOCK YOUR CARD right in the Timo App (Manage Cards section) in case of loss or you realize any suspicious activity.
In case you encounter any of these situations or notice any suspicious activity related to your bank account, please call us immediately via Hotline 1800 6788 (toll-free) for assistance.