The world has literally gone into quarantine due to the COVID-19 outbreak. This is an unprecedented crisis situation in terms of breadth and scale, from a global health, social and economic standpoint.
Under the official regulation on implementing preventive and safety measures during COVID-19 as promulgated by the Vietnamese Government on 31/03/2020, Timo will also enforce “social distancing” measures to protect our customers and Timo staff.
Therefore, from 01/04/2020 to 22/04/2020, Timo encourages customers to follow these instructions to make banking transactions:
For current customers:
The Timo Hangouts still remains open but only serves customers with essential banking needs such as reissue your card/PIN or dispute a charge. As we are limiting customers from visiting a Timo Hangout, you may be asked to wait for a while before we can serve you, should you choose to visit us.
For non-essential banking services like Fund Transfers, Cash Deposits, Updating Information, etc, Timo recommends that customers use digital banking services instead.
List of essential banking and non-essential banking services:
|Services that can be done online or in App||Services which requires a customer to visit a Hangout|
|– Fund transfer/ Move money|
– Cash deposit (you can add money to your Timo account by transferring online)
– Find CDMs/ATMs locations
– Pay utility bills
– Top up your phone or others’ phones.
– Send Payment Requests to share money after a meal, shopping, sharing a service…
– Lock/Unlock your Debit card/Mastercard in the app or by Quick Actions feature.
– Lock/Unlock e-commerce payments in-app.
– Reset PIN
– Log-in to Timo with new devices when you lose the old one.
– Dispute a transaction or create an inquiry (Web app or call our Hotline 1800 6788)
– Request documents online (Web app), get your documents by email or have them delivered to your home address (Balance confirmation with stamp/ Account statement with stamp/ Remittance confirmation with stamp)
– Create/Withdraw your Savings online.
– Find the interest rate in the app.
– Apply for a Fast Cash online.
|– Reissue your card/PIN.|
– Dispute a charge in more detail.
– Complete registration for a Timo Mastercard by signing the form and submitting documents.
– Update your TRC, Phone Number or Email details.
– Withdraw cash from a Timo ATM.
Note: from 01/04/2020 to 22/04/2020, operation hours of Timo Hangouts in Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh city will be temporarily changed to 9:00 – 18:00 from Monday to Saturday. Timo Hangouts in Da Nang and Can Tho operation hours remain unchanged.
For new customers:
Joining Timo online will still be possible, however you will need to wait after 22/04/2020 to visit the Timo Hangout to complete the process and pick up your card.
Please note that from 01/04/2020, Timo Hangout Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city will temporarily work from 9.00am to 18.00. Timo Hangout Da Nang and Can Tho still operate as usual.
Besides, Timo recommends all customers strictly follow instructions from the government as below to protect yourself and people around you:
- Please stay at home at all times, only go out to buy necessary things such as food & beverages, medicine or emergency situations.
- Please keep a distance of at least 2m with others when you have to go out or queue up.
- Please avoid gatherings of more than 2 people in a public area.
We know this is a hard time for all of us but Timo hopes with your cooperation and understanding, together we can overcome the COVID-19 pandemic.