- The interest calculation period shall be determined from the day following the day when VPBank receives the deposit until the end of the day when VPBank pays all the Deposit to the Customer; and
- The actual balance for interest calculation shall be the beginning balance in the interest calculation day.
- The interest rate applicable to the Deposit shall be mutually agreed upon by the Parties in the Term Deposit Agreement and fixed during the Deposit duration.
- The interest rate specified in Clause 1 of this Article shall be applied for the purpose of interest calculation according to the interest calculation method specified in Clause 2 hereof. These interest rates shall be EQUAL to the corresponding annual interest rate (converted interest rate) according to the interest rate calculation method used:
For clarification, this converted interest rate shall not be applied for interest calculation according to the interest calculation method specified in Clause 2 hereof.
Interest calculation method:
- Interest period and time to determine the balance for interest calculation: The interest period shall be determined from the date VPBank receives the deposit until the end of the day preceding the day when the deposit is fully paid (including the first day, but excluding the last day of the interest period) and the time to determine the balance for interest calculation shall be the end of each day during the interest period.
- The interest shall be calculated on a yearly basis of 365 days. The amount of interest that VPBank has to pay each period shall be calculated by the formula (=) ∑ (Actual balance multiplied by (x) Actual days of the balance multiplied by (x) Interest rate) divided by (/) 365, in which: (i) Actual balance: The balance at the end of the interest calculation date of the deposit balance payable by VPBank to the Customer that is used to calculate the interest as agreed in this General Conditions and the provisions of the law.(ii) Actual days of the balance: The number of days that the actual balance at the end of the day remains unchanged. (iii) Interest rate: The interest rate that is applied to the Deposit according to the Term Deposit Agreement or the interest rate for early withdrawal as agreed between VPBank and the Customer in case the Customer is paid ahead of time. The interest rate shall be calculated at the rate of %/year for a year of 365 days.
- For deposits of which the term calculated from the time when VPBank receives the deposit until the Customer withdraws the money is less than one day: The interest period and the actual days of the balance shall be determined as 01 (one) day, the actual balance used for interest calculation shall be the balance at the end of the day during the interest period. In case the Customer deposits and withdraws money on the same working day, the Customer shall not be entitled to interest.
Principle of rounding interest
The decimal part shall not be taken and the interest shall be rounded up if the first number of the decimal part is greater than or equal to 5, rounded down if the first number of the decimal part is less than 5.