Article 1. Definitions
1. “VPBank/Bank”: is Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank. VPBank includes Branches, Transaction Offices and other sale channels of Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank.
2. “Timo Channel/Timo”: is the channels for e-banking services of VPBank, which allow Customer to perform banking transactions after being identified, open spend account and register e-banking services in accordance with regulations.
3. “Service”: Is the service of debit card provided by VPBank to Customer.
4. “Customer/Card holder/Timo Member”: is individual customer subject to Timo Channel, whose information is specified in Application Form for Membership cum Contract for issuance and use of Account, issuance and use of Debit card, E-banking Service.
5. “Card merchant acquiring”: are organizations, individual accepting to pay goods and services via card according to Contract for card payment signed with Card Payment Organization.
6. “CDM/ATM (Automatic teller machine)”: is the device that Card holder can use to perform transactions such as: depositing, withdrawing cash, transferring, paying invoice of goods, service, querying account, changing PIN, searching card information or other transactions.
7. “POS (Point of Sale)”: is the card reader, a terminal device installed and used at Card merchant acquiring that Card holder can use card to pay for goods, services. POS can be installed at branches, transaction offices of Card payment organization to provide cash to Card holder under agreement of Card payment organization and Card issuance organization.
8. “CVV/CVC”: is the security code printed in the Card.
9. “NAPAS”: is National Payment Corporation of Vietnam.
10. “Application Form”: is Application Form cum Contract for opening and use of Account, issuance and use of Debit Card, E-banking Service signed and/or confirmed by Customer to open and use Timo Debit Card issued by VPBank.
11. “Contract”: Is Application Form for Membership cum Contract for opening and use of Account, issuance and use of Debit Card, E-banking Service signed between Customer and Bank, including General Transaction Terms and Conditions.
12. “Card/ Timo Debit Card”: is Timo Domestic Debit Card opened for Customer on the basic of Contract by Bank.
13. “General Transaction Terms and Conditions about issuance and use of Timo Domestic Debit Card/General Transaction Terms and Conditions about issuance and use of Debit Card/ Terms and Conditions about use of Debit Card” (Hereinafter called as “General Transaction Terms and Conditions”): is the fixed terms notified by VPBank in each period to apply for individual customer opening and using Timo Debit Card at VPBank. General Transaction Terms and Conditions are publicly announced under regulations of laws. If Customer signs Application Form, Customer shall be deemed to accept this General Transaction Terms and Conditions
14. “Timo Application/ Application”: is the Timo software program which allows Customer to perform financial transactions provided by VPBank on Smartphone or internet browsers.
15. “Timo Care”: is Call Centre of Timo (telephone number: (+8428) 7300 8466 (overseas) /18006788 (fee free) or other telephone number noticed by Timo in each period) to support customer care and service and serve demands of Card holder.
16. Other capitalized terms not explained in this General Transaction Terms and Conditions shall be construed and interpreted according to the respective contents in Application Form, products, services participated in by Timo Member in order to ensure to comply with relevant provisions of laws.