This new malware tricks users into downloading it by hiding in third-party app stores as fake versions of legitimate applications such as WhatsApp, Viber, and updates for both Android and Flash Player), especially online banking applications (Internet Banking, Mobile Banking ), social networking… to steal user information.
I / Why is Red Alert malicious?
Once a user downloads one of these malicious apps onto their devices, the malware will be able to:
- Infiltrate online banking applications and modify the content of applications to steal login credential access information, harvest contact lists, hijack SMS messages, among others.
- It can also block all calls especially from banks and financial institutions
II / What we recommend:
In order to prevent yourself from being a victim of such Malware on mobile devices in general and to ensure the safety when using e-banking, Timo recommends that customers:
- Avoid downloading apps via third-party app stores or links provided in SMS messages or emails especially if outside the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
- Avoid using jailbroken mobile devices to access e-banking services.
- You should install an antivirus application from a reputable vendor.
- Be wary of questions that ask for personal information, service access information or your passwords.
- Comply with the regulations and recommendations issued by Timo to ensure the safety of using e-banking services as well as ensuring the interests of customers (please refer to the safety instructions here).