Position: Senior Backend Developer
Report to: Software Development Manager
- Development of our highly scalable, modern Microservices based platform and mobile/web APIs.
- Work with the rest of the platform team to design and implement creative architecture patterns for high-performance, highly scalable concurrent services.
- Collaborate with the Product development teams to help build our product portfolios.
- Building and maintaining secure REST-based APIs for our Mobile, Web and internal applications.
- Working with new and popular software frameworks (such as Vert.x, Jooq, Cassandra, Java 8, RxJava etc) in a fully distributed system.
- Working with an Agile methodology (SCRUM) to develop just-in-time features.
- Work with the delivery team to build and performance tune software that supports automated continuous delivery systems for Testing and Live environments.
- Report directly to the Software Development Manager.
You must be able to demonstrate capability in the following in Live Production environments:
- A minimum of 4+ years of development experience working for a company; With a minimum of 2 years in Java.
- Will need to show a good working level of English.
- Minimum 3 years experience in REST-based or service-oriented Java development/Frameworks.
- Experience in developing with Message Queue systems and Clustered/MasterSlave relational DB systems.
- Experience with Caching systems and strategies such as Redis.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Linux Server systems and Command-Line.
- Experience and a strong belief in agile development practices such as Unit Testing and DevOps and Cloud-based development principles such as 12 Factor apps etc.
Some desirable skills
Experience or capability in the following areas whilst not required would be an additional plus for you:
- Experience in Kafka, Storm, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of Software patterns, Micro-services/Service Oriented Architecture, cloud-based software design techniques and Dev-Ops style systems integration.
- Understanding of Security concerns, Secure Development and API/App security.
- Good understanding of Networking and Operating system (preferably Linux).
- Knowledge of Spring/Spring Boot, Jersey, Jooq is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Java 8+ such as Streams, Lambdas and Reactive programming is a plus.
- Knowledge of Scripting, Command-Line and basic OS admin is a plus.
- Strong desire to learn modern continuous build techniques and automated deployment systems.
- 5 day week.
- Flexible working hours.
- Personal Development/Project time every week.
- Company Outings.
- Health Insurance.
- Very Competitive Salary.
- 13 Month Salary.
- The office is a Coffee shop.
Employment type: full time.