You must be able to demonstrate capability in the following in Live Production environments:
- A minimum of 4+ years of development experience working for a company; With a minimum of 2 years in Java.
- Will need to show a good working level of English.
- Minimum 3 years experience in REST-based or service-oriented Java development/Frameworks.
- Experience in developing with Message Queue systems and Clustered/MasterSlave relational DB systems.
- Experience with Caching systems and strategies such as Redis.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Linux Server systems and Command-Line.
- Experience and a strong belief in agile development practices such as Unit Testing and DevOps and Cloud-based development principles such as 12 Factor apps etc.
Some desirable skills:
- Experience or capability in the following areas whilst not required would be an additional plus for you:
- Experience in Kafka, Storm, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of Software patterns, Micro-services/Service Oriented Architecture, cloud-based software design techniques and Dev-Ops style systems integration.
- Understanding of Security concerns, Secure Development and API/App security.
- Good understanding of Networking and Operating system (preferably Linux).
- Knowledge of Spring/Spring Boot, Jersey, Jooq is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Java 8+ such as Streams, Lambdas and Reactive programming is a plus.
- Knowledge of Scripting, Command-Line and basic OS admin is a plus.
- Strong desire to learn modern continuous build techniques and automated deployment systems.