Responsible for ensuring that the company operates within the law at all times, offers counsel on legal issues, create an effective guardian of the organisation and facilitates business strategies development. The successful candidate will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure.
General Counsel’s responsibilities include:
- Providing expert and strategic legal advice to management.
- Setting internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors.
- Evaluating and weighing multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management.
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action.
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically.
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Base your decision-making process on ethics and integrity.
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders.
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients).
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team.
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Meet legal objectives.
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas.
- Keep breast of legislative changes.