Timo is recruiting Back End Developer.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-organizing and talented individual who can demonstrate both technical development skills and creative thinking. You will work hands-on as part of the core platform team to develop internet-scale, highly transactional, microservice architectures to support our innovative digital banking products and software systems. You will be a key member of a team that is obsessed with delivering a world class, dynamic technology platform across multiple data centers.
Your primary job responsibility will be:
- Development of our highly scalable, modern Microservices based platform and mobile/web APIs.
- Work with the rest of the platform team to design and implement creative architecture patterns for high-performance, highly scalable concurrent services.
- Collaborate with the Product development teams to help build our product portfolios
- Building and maintaining secure REST based APIs for our Mobile, Web and internal applications.
- Working with new and popular software frameworks (such as Vert.x, Jooq, Cassandra, Java 8, RxJava etc) in a fully distributed system
- Working with an Agile methodology (SCRUM) to develop just-in-time features.
- Work with the delivery team to build and performance tune software that supports automated continuous delivery systems for Testing and Live environments.
- Report directly to the Software Development Manager.
You must be able to demonstrate capability in the following in Live Production environments:
- A minimum of 4+ years development experience working for a company; With at minimum of 2 years in Java.
- Will need to show a good working level of English.
- Minimum 3 years experience in REST based or service oriented Java development / Frameworks.
- Experience in developing with Message Queue systems and Clustered/MasterSlave relational DB systems.
- Experience with Caching systems and strategies such as Redis
- Must have good working knowledge of Linux Server systems and Command Line.
- Experience and strong belief in agile development practices such as Unit Testing and DevOps and Cloud based development principles such as 12 Factor apps etc
Some desirable skills:
Experience or capability in the following areas whilst not required would be an additional plus for you.
- Experience in Kafka, Storm, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of Software patterns, Micro-services/Service Oriented Architecture, cloud-based software design techniques and Dev-Ops style systems integration.
- Understanding of Security concerns, Secure Development and API/App security.
- Good understanding of Networking and Operating system (preferably Linux)
- Knowledge of Spring/Spring Boot, Jersey, Jooq is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Java 8+ such as Streams, Lambdas and Reactive programming is a plus.
- Knowledge of Scripting, Command Line and basic OS admin is a plus.
- Strong desire to learn modern continuous build techniques and automated deployment systems.
Salary & Other Benefits:
- Negotiable and competitive salary package
- 15 paid Annual leave
- Company Healthcare
- Government Insurance
- Monthly mobile phone expense subsidy
- Parking expense subsidy
- Training opportunities
Your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org